Clár ICH (Claremorris Irish Centre for Housing) is a Voluntary Housing Association established in county Mayo, Ireland in 2000 to develop social housing projects and housing related activities for older persons and those most in need in society. Clár ICH’s objectives includes the provision of housing and associated amenities for persons in deprived circumstances and provide for the relief of poverty and deprivation caused by poor housing conditions and homelessness or other economic circumstances.
Clár ICH delivers the following services:
- Sponsors of a Community Services Programme employing a manager and 5 full time employees.
- Development of a 36 unit Sheltered Housing Scheme and communal facilities for older people and people with disabilities.
- Promoters of the Warmer Homes Scheme in South West Mayo, Achill and Bellmullet.
- Sponsors of the Senior Alert Scheme facilitating older people to apply for funding for socially monitored alarms and associated security and lighting systems.
- Sponsors of a Rural Regeneration Scheme which provides accommodation for families on the outskirts of Claremorris.
- Promoters of the Care and Repair Programme, a minor repair and befriending service to older persons.
- Associates of IRRI Scotland and Renewable Energy Mayo, promoting renewable energy solutions to rural areas.
Ballyhanuis Road, Claremorris
Tel. (094) 9373455
Fax. (094) 9362088