NEES had a “life” of three years, from May 2011 to the end of April 2014. During this time, the Partners organised and participated in many activities, both regional and trans-national, corresponding to the Project Work Programme.
- 7 Full Partner meetings;
- 11 Study Visits (2 x Cork, 2 x Umea, 1 x Down 2 x Claremorris, 4 Sisimiut);
- The development of a 5 point Evaluation Criteria for identifying best practices;
- 3 Calls for NEES Best Practices;
- 3 Expert Evaluation meetings;
- The selection and profiling of 15 Best Practices;
- The production of business feasibility studies of best practices;
- Bids for continued support made to NPP Programme and the Horizon 2020 Programme;
- 6 main Pilot Projects and over half a dozen smaller training pilots on Best Practices;,
- The development of Vocational Training Modules and a Training Manual and
- 12 public events and presentations in all Partner regions.
The original NEES Project Web Site received over 150,000 visits, several thousand e-newsletters were sent out and press coverage was secured from multiple media outlets.